Sunday, January 30, 2011

Ponyo: A Cliff by the Sea

I love this movie.  I first saw it in theaters, and then again on Netflix.  The animation is stunning, and the story is simple, sweet, and moving. It's by Hayao Miyazaki, who also made Spirited Away and  Princess Monoke (and a bunch of other stuff you've probably never heard of).  It's a little heavy-handed with the environmentalism (a flaw in several Ghibli films), but it really is an amazing movie.  Ghibli movies are one of the delightful things my live-in-animator has introduced me to.  While Ponyo isn't my favorite (that's a tie between Spirited Away and Kiki's Delivery Service), it's the only one I've seen in theaters. A strong A.


http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Ponyo/70106454?trkid=2361637#height2018

No comments:

Post a Comment