Sunday, January 30, 2011

Other Post Apocalypse Recommends

Here's some other post apocalypse shows I've loved in the past:

Without a doubt, Battlestar Galactica is the single best post-apocalypse show ever.   One of the very best shows ever on TV (with the exception of the last few episodes).  If you have ever seen the old version, please don't let you turn you off of this.  The show is a sexy, gritty, exciting, emotional ride from start to finish (well, almost to finish).

I usually don't like space-opera, and I took some convincing before I tried this show.  Please don't let that happen to you.  I'm not playing around, this show is AMAZING.  I've been re-watching this show. and  I had forgotten just how fraking awesome it is.  In some ways, it's even better the second time around.  Seasons 1 and 2 are much better than 3 and 4, but it's all great. A+ for season 1, A for seasons 2-4. D for the final episode.


Jeremiah: This TV show opens about 10 years after a plague wiped out all the adults in the world. The two main characters, played by that guy from 90210 and that guy from the Cosby show (who got really hot!) travel around the post-apocalypse world doing good and searching for Valhalla.  The show has high production values, and is especially interesting in the first season.

While not all the episodes are written by him, the show was developed by Michael J. Straczynski (the Babylon 5 guy).

I hear it's based on a graphic novel, which I always intend to read, but haven't yet.  B







Jericho: This show takes place after a nuclear strike, in a small midwestern town.  The first season I like, but after that it gets bogged down in complicated meta plot.  B for the first season, C+ after that.
http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Jericho_Season_1/70058426?trkid=2361637

No comments:

Post a Comment