Saturday, February 11, 2012

Downton Abbey

I know that I'm late to this party, but Downton Abbey really is as good as you've heard.  You can watch the entire first season on Netflix, and season 2 is available (until March 6th) at PBS.org.  I'm generally not a big fan of the Upstairs/Downstairs sort of thing, so I took awhile to try this show out.  That was a mistake.  What really makes this show great is the writing and acting; every single character (and there are a lot of them) is a complicated, troubled, messy, real human being with their own motivations, ethics, and beliefs.  In addition, the production values are very high, the sets and costumes are Edwardialicious.  A+ for Season 1.  I haven't finished season 2 yet.

1 comment:

  1. I've watched #1-5 of season 2, and while it's still good, it's not as good as season 1. Some of the characters, especially the "villians" are not entirely believable in their motivations. Still, thought, very good. I eagerly await episode 6. A- for season 2 so far.

    ReplyDelete